The DK1000 Dent Killer is an accessory designed to turn your Uni-Spotter Stud Welder into a pinless pulling system. The DK1000 fits directly on all Uni-Spotter Stud Welders once the welding tip and 1045 or 1040 have been removed. The feet are adjustable up and down as well as in and out.
- Sheet metal work, fenders, doors etc., NOT STRUCTURAL.
- Cosmetic finessing.
- Additional finessing of repairs initiated with the Uni-Clamp and/or the Uni-Wire.
- Fast and easy way to remove creases.
- Excellent for small damage repair, such as hail damage and door dings when the paint has been broken.
- Increases the versatility of the Uni-Spotter, eliminating sale of competitive products such as the Panel Beater.
Features and Benefits
- Fits all Uni-Spotter stud welders.
Allows for easy finessing of today’s lightweight panels, reducing stretching of metal.
- Can be used in both vertical and horizontal applications.
- Fast and easy movement across damaged area on panel.
- Easy removal of tool is faster than removing studs and requires less additional panel “clean up”.
- Increases the versatility of the Uni-Spotter stud welder, eliminating the need for larger, more expensive and complicated pulling systems.
- Prep the repair area with 80 grit.
- Be sure all the e-coat and any galvanizing coatings are removed.
- Make sure tip of DK1000 is clean and round in shape, similar to the head of a stud.
- Adjust the legs of the tool to fit your specific requirements.
- Engage the Stud Welder into the top of the Dent Killer.
- Weld the DK1000 onto dented panel. This should leave a weld area extending only slightly past the diameter of the welding tip.
- Squeeze the handles together watching the dent. The handles should be squeezed and then released in repetition till the panel surface is flat.
- Once the dent has been removed, rotate the handles of the Dent Killer in a clockwise direction for 1⁄4 turn. This will release the welding tip from the panel surface.
The Dent Killer is guaranteed for 1 year against defects in materials and workmanship.
for Dent Killer,
package of 4.